Monday, August 24, 1998

Elvis Rex (Part 7: Rex)

It was during my trip to my father's that I realized I was never going to resolve anything with Seith. Ignoring the compulsive lying on his part, I was starting to feel more like Seith's guardian than his boyfriend.

Seith wanted to go the beach and boywatch. Elvis was bored at the beach and wanted to go shopping. Seith didn't have any money left. Elvis wanted me to buy him souvenirs. I said no. Elvis pouted.

Back at the beach, Elvis went swimming with my mother's camera in his pocket. When I relayed the story to Big Gay Tom he theorized that Elvis did it on purpose. I disagreed. I'm pretty sure he'd been planning on stealing it.

I was getting a little frustrated with only having Big Gay Tom to discuss Elvis with. As previously mentioned, Big Gay Tom was not my best friend. In fact, the only reason we hung out was because our mutual friend, Cute Straight Boy had introduced us, and I had inadvertantly gotten Big Gay Tom a part in a play I was working on. My dislike was feuled by the fact that he got the part I had planned on but my bitterness was only part of the reason for not wanting to spend much time with him. Some day Big Gay Tom will have his own entry, but it will not be rated X.

When we got home from my Dad's, there was a message on my machine from a friend I hadn't seen in a couple of years, he and his SO (another friend of mine) were coming to Cranberry Lake for a few days and wanted to hang out for a while. I called them back and invited them to stay in the guest bedroom.

Elvis was less than pleased.

I'm not sure whether he was still self-concious about being out to strangers or whether he just didn't want anyone to know that he had settled for me. Either way he had strict rules about no PDAs, which was no problem for me. I'm not a PDA person. Though I would occasionally invade his physical space in public just to watch him cringe. I tended to restrict my tauntings to the minutes after he would start pouting about how I wasn't going to buy him something.

Mike and Gina (the two friends) arrived on opening night of my play. Neither Seith nor Elvis attended. They met me at my place before the show, and I introduced them to Elvis, who was on the porch smoking.

After the show, while Gina was in the restrooms and Big Gay Tom and the rest of the cast were beaming about how wonderful they all were, Mike asked "Is Seith your boyfriend?" It was easier to just say yes than to explain that Seith was the spoiled child currently taking up residence in my bedroom who I was fucking a couple of times a day but really wanted to kill. "You could do better."

It was like someone slapped me in the face with a wet towel and then kissed the pain away. I could do better than SeithElvisRex.

My plan was to go home and talk to Seith (or Elvis is he was still being pouty about having visitors) about him either getting a job or going home. And if he got the job, he was going to have to move into the guest room for a month, at which time he'd have to find his own place.

I was unprepared for who I met at the door when I got home.

If anyone's read The Dark Tower series by Stephen King, you know the story of Odetta Susannah Holmes a schizophrenic with a mean personality named Detta Susannah Walker. The two women are mostly unaware of the others' existence. When they are forced to confront their duality, they merge into a new person: Susannah Dean. Susannah can control her duality, and easily flip between Detta and Odetta. This was Seith in a nutshell. When he wasnted to be nice he was Seith, when he wanted to be a bitch he was Elvis. The boy I met when Mike, Gina and I arrived home was Rex.

Rex had either just woken up, had been crying or both.

"I had a dream that my grandfather was sick. Last time I had a dream like this it came true."

original post: http://insafemode.livejournal.com/3882.html

No comments: